- A small amount of cord or yarn with a tight twist to secure the top of the tassel (far left)
- A snippet of yarn for wrapping around the tassel (second from left)
- Sharp scissors
- Tassel Maker
How to do it
- Loop yarn around the knob of the tassel maker, then around the length of the tassel maker.
- Continue wrapping around the length of the tassel maker until you reach your desired thickness, then loop around the second knob.
- Cut yarn.
- Tie cord around the center of the wrapped yarn.
- Cut along each end of the tassel maker so yarn detaches.
- Fold the yarn in half with the tied cord at the top.
- Wrap the cut strand of yarn around the top of the tassel and tie to secure (you could use a yarn needle to tuck these ends into the tassel if you like).
- Trim the end of the tassel to even it out.
You have a tassel! Use the cord to attach tassel to whatever you like.
Tassels are a great way to use up leftover yarn, and there are so many things you can do with them. Here’s all you need to know to make a tassel!
Back to Top